Saturday 18 September 2021

Early Morning Macro

What was perhaps the last of a late summer warm weather spell, I ventured out just before sunrise in the hope of maybe catching some wildlife.  Unfortunately, there were a lot of dog walkers so very little to see, but I came prepare with a back up plan of doing some macro photography.

For this I had brought along my much unused Sigma 105mm Macro lens.  Up utill minutes earlier there had been a very heavy low lying cover of mist in this part of the Tyne valley, but it vanished quickly leaving thousands of dew covered spider webs.  This made for some very picturesque photography which I wasn't able to quite achieve but still gave me some opportunity.

Not by any means an expert on spiders but did find at least three different types who, within their dew covered webs, made for at least and interesting possible image.  With hind sight, I would have brought my tripod so I could have tried some photo stacking as even stopped down to f14 it was hard to get the subject in focus.  Later this was made harder when the wind picked up where, at this magnification, any slight movement is multiplied significantly and completely shifting the spider out of focus.

Macro is one of those areas of photography I keep meaning to really give a go at but never really do.  Maybe next year.


Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Spider Web, Dew

Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro

Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, European garden spider

European garden spider, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Canon R6

0 comments:

Post a Comment